We are open from 9am-5pm Monday-Friday and 8am-6pm Saturday-Sunday.
Mazama has a new climbing crag!
- The Matrix is now ready for climbers! With 60 new bolted and trad routes from 5.7-5.11 it will be a great new addition and a perfect way to avoid the crowds at Fun Rock!
- In addition to the Matrix, we also have two new climbing areas developed by Bryan Burdo. One is near the West Chewuch at Falls Creek and the other is just a 5 minute walk above the hairpin at WA Pass. Most of the climbs are single pitch bolted routes with a few traditional options. The WA Pass crags are the perfect way to beat the heat this summer with cool temps and shade.
- We have new color printed miniguides available at the shop: The Matrix is $8 and the Mazama Granite Guide is $9.
- For More Info: email@example.com
- All local hiking trails are open and in good shape. The one caveat is the PCT from High Bridge south is closed due to a fire.
- Harts Pass Rd is clear and in good condition to the PCT trailhead in both directions.
- Alpine climbing season is in full swing around WA Pass. Temperatures are 20 degrees cooler on the pass versus the valley floor..
- Great biking can be found around the valley including Cutthroat, Buck Mountain and the Rendevous Basin trails and all of what were the winter nordic trails.
- Local crags in Mazama are ready for climbing. We have the Mazama Rock book available too!
- Check out the new Okanogan County Activities website - it has lots of cool info about what to do while in the area: okanoganoutdoors.org
Summer at the Goat's Beard:
- We have chosen the best of the best gear for your adventures including climbing, running, hiking, and backpacking. Come by for excellent customer service for all of your outdoor gear and clothing needs.
- We rent climbing shoes, helmets, and ice axes for some adventure climbing.
- We have our rental bike fleet tuned up and ready for riding around Mazama.
Leave a comment