We have had a spectacular Spring thus far in the upper Methow Valley! Snow is melting up high and the valley floor is green and lush. Here's the latest conditions:
- Hart's Pass Rd is melted out to the Guard Station at Hart's Pass. The PCT is still mostly snow covered but the south facing aspects are clear to the valley floor.
- Cutthroat trail is melted beyond the lake but there is still deep snow well before Cutthroat Pass.
- Goat Peak Trail is accessible on the road but you will encounter deep, punchy snow through the switchbacks in the trees.
- Blue Lake and Maple Pass trails are still almost entirely snow covered. In fact, skiers are still enjoying the Hairpin area.
- Alpine climbers will need to travel on snow to access the Early Winter Spires and Wine Spires but the climbing is all in great shape. You can still do the classic ski-climb-ski which is so unique to our area!
- Mountain bikers will find everything open and good to go except for the Angel's Staircase. Buck Mountain has cows in the area so I would not recommend it for now. Sun Mountain has a new section of Woodpecker and all of the new trails there are riding great!
- Flyboys has been a huge hit for sport-multi pitch with 18 pitches of bolted climbing at a grade of 5.9+. We have the miniguide and can share all of the beta you need for an amazing long day of climbing!
We have a great selection of clothing, footwear,. and gear for all of your adventures. We even have the brand new guide books for Leavenworth and Snoqualmie! Let us help you make the most of your time in Mazama!
Leave a comment