Update for February 2017
Well it was fun while it lasted but the DOT finally stopped plowing Highway 20 west of Mazama to Silverstar Gate. The highway is now closed at the Early Winters gate a couple miles west of the Mazama Junction. Here is the latest update:
- Highway 20 closed at Early Winters so skiers wanting to ski along the highway corridor will require a snowmobile, North Cascades Mountain Guides, or a lot of stamina. Guided trips can be set up through NCMG at www.ncmountainguides.com
- As of February 8, all low-land/front country skiing is in good shape. Give us a call to get more information but Cougar Mtn, Aspen Lake, Sandy Butte, etc... are all skiing well with good coverage. If you didn't bring your gear, we have an excellent selection of fantastic AT skis, boots, skins, etc... Rental packages start at $65/day.
- The Methow Trails nordic trails are in fantastic shape with perfect grooming daily. See the grooming report at www.methowtrails.org.
- This ice climbing season saw the ascent of the Goat's Beard (WI 6) by two more parties. We think that is about 10-12 people who have now climbed our namesake! It isn't in condition now but several of the other climbs along the Goat Wall are still in shape.
- Mazama now has 4.7 miles of Fat Bike single track. Stop by for rentals ($35 for half day and $45 for full day)
- NC Heli is in full operation and can give you a truly amazing ski experience. Check out www.heli-ski.com for more info.
Leave a comment