Open 9-5 Daily through Sunday March 23. CLOSED March 24-April 10 then open Fri-Sun April 11-13.
Normal Operating Hours will resume April 15.
Upper Methow Valley Conditions as of March 22, 2014
- Nordic skiing in Mazama is good everywhere at the moment. Expect Spring conditions with good skating in the morning and soft afternoons.
- Hwy 20 is closed at the Early Winter's Campground. Word is that WSDOT may begin plowing March 31.
- Backcountry skiing is good up high with cold snow available over 4000 feet. Crusty conditions lower with possible corn conditions depending on temp
- Full-on AT rentals including Dynafit & SkiLogik skis with Dynafit bindings, Scarpa, BD, and Dynafit boots and skins. Rental Package $65/day
- Voile Artisan Split Board Rentals - includes board, light rail bindings, and skins. $50/day
- BCA Float22 Airbag Packs for rent (and for sale). Rental rate $50/day
- Discovery Crosscountry Ski Rentals are perfect waxless skis for cruising the valley floor and forest service roads. Rentals $24/Day
*** Mazama Rock Climbing Guide Book ***
Bryan Burdo's Guide Book, Mazama Rock, A Vertical Paradise, is now available on our website in the Climbing Beta link! We would like to thank Bryan for allowing us to publish this definitive guide to the local climbing crags in Mazama on our site. Stop by the shop for printouts of the book. Although it is out of print, we have scanned sections and sell printouts by crag.
Super Topo Washington Pass
An all new guide book for the climbing routes on Washington Pass has arrived! This guide will be THE definitive guide book for climbers on the pass. For the first time, we have great beta and topos for every route on Washington Pass in one, well written, accurate book. It covers Cutthroat Peak and the Silverstar areas in addition to the Liberty Bell group.
Welcome to Goat’s Beard Mountain Supplies, Mazama Washington’s newest (and only!) outdoor supply shop. We are conveniently located next to the Mazama Store at the northern end of the Methow Valley at the base of Washington Pass with fantastic access to some of the best hiking, climbing, camping, and biking found in Washington’s North Cascades.
We focus on providing the best information on local activities, conditions, climbing beta, and equipment through our incredibly friendly and knowledgeable staff. When we're not in the store we are usually out having fun in the backcountry using what we sell. We take great pride in helping our customers select the right gear for their needs and product knowledge is a key element.
We welcome you to stop in to visit our charming cabin-turned-shop or call to discuss your outdoor recreation plans. Mazama is a small and friendly mountain town and we want to share our special home with you.
We carry a full line of the best equipment to meet your outdoor recreation needs along with the knowledge and willingness to help you determine what is best for you. See the list of brands we carry. Whether you are here to hike through meadows of wild flowers, climb alpine rock on Liberty Bell, sport climb at Fun Rock, bike the endless local trails, or simply camp at the edge of the Methow River, we have what you need to make your day perfect.